You are watching: Be the light in someone's darkness
These quotes about darkness and light are reminders of something important:
You don’t need to drown the darkness with light. You don’t need to replace negativity with positivity. You bring the darkness to the light. Like an offering.
That means you honor what is first, before you try to change it. You meet yourself where you"re at, before moving forward.
Then you can even bring light to the places and situations where there’s barely any left. You can give someone love even though they’re not acting with love. You can light another candle.
You can handle hard things.
But if you need more help healing, get my book Sleep Affirmations: 200 Phrases for a Deep and Peaceful Sleep. It"ll help you think kinder, more helpful thoughts before bedtime (or anytime).
Readers tell me they love flipping to a random page, trusting that"s the message they most need to hear right now. You"ll love it too.
Until then, these quotes...
1. “The dark and the light, they exist side by side. Sometimes overlapping, one explaining the other. The darkened path is as illuminated as the lightened…” – Raven Davies
2. “Faith is the bird that feels the light when the dawn is still dark.” – Rabindranath Tagore
3. “Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all of the darkness.” – Desmond Tutu
4. “However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” – Stanley Kubrick
5. “A visionary is one who can find his way by moonlight and see the dawn before the rest of the world.” – Oscar Wilde
6. “The darkness around us might somewhat light up if we would first practice using the light we have in the place we are.” – Henry S. Haskins
7. “Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise.” – Victor Hugo
8. “Give light, and the darkness will disappear of itself.” – Desiderius Erasmus
9. “Maybe you have to know the darkness before you can appreciate the light.” – Madeline L’Engle
10. “In the midst of darkness, light persists.” – Mahatma Gandhi
11. “It is often in the darkest skies that we see the brightest stars.” – Richard Evans
12. “Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
13. “We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.” – Plato
14. "What makes night within us may leave stars." – Victor Hugo
15. “Why not dare yourself to become a shining positive light where darkness is the only thing known?” – Edmond Mbiaka
16. “Look at how a single candle can both defy and define the darkness.” – Anne Frank
17. “I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness because it shows me the stars.” – Og Mandino
18. "Every moment of light and dark is a miracle." – Walt Whitman
19. “Don’t fight darkness—bring the light, and darkness will disappear.” – Maharishi Mahesh Yogi
20. “The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.” – John 1:5
21. "You can"t discover light, by analyzing the dark." – Wayne Dyer
22. “Peace and negativity cannot coexist just as light and darkness cannot coexist.” – N. Goenka
23. “Life isn’t just about darkness or light, rather it’s about finding light within the darkness.” – Landon Parham
. . .
See more: Dwjr-Ele-2406026-Fm54 - Whirlpool Dryer Model Dwjr
Which of these quotes about darkness and light is your favorite?
Tell me in the comments. I read every single one, and I’d love to know!
P.S. Remember your own light and get a copy of my book, Sleep Affirmations: 200 Phrases for a Deep and Peaceful Sleep. Make sleep (and nighttime) your friend again.